Back to Article List
Why Staying At Home Might Be A Better Option Than An Assisted Living Community
May 10, 2018 by Toni Reinhart
Over 90 percent of seniors want to stay in their own homes, but there are many reasons they and their families consider moving to assisted living communities. Here are some reasons staying at home with proper support might be the better option:
- Assisted living prices are rising in the Northern Virginia area. Right now, it is not unusual to see prices of $8,000 to $11,000 per month.
- Not all assisted living prices are “all inclusive." Medication management, additional personal care, and other services can add to the cost.
- Do you or your loved one need one-on-one attention? Assisted living license requirements allow for as many as 17 people for one CNA. Is this enough attention for your loved one?
- Is there strong community or family support in the home now? Don’t assume the family or neighbors will spend the same amount of time visiting in an assisted living community that they do in the family home.
- Are your loved ones safe in the home? Can modifications be made to help them age in place better?
The live-in care option provided by Comfort Keepers can make life at home easier. We offer not only in-home care but also coordinated care so that the home can be maintained safely for the family. Our Aging Life Care Managers and Care Coordinators can make sure everything runs smoothly, from landscaping chores to medication management. All for as low as $310 a day. Our Care Coordination Services and GrandPad are included in the price. Doesn’t it make sense to age at home with the best care possible?
We're here to help 24/7. Give us a call at (703) 424-9519 today.